Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What We're Up To

So this week my wife Janna and I are driving from New Jersey out to Southern California as I begin my tenure at The Master's Seminary. We're driving these 3,000+ miles in 5 full days. Our stops include Chicago, Omaha, Denver, Flagstaff (and the Grand Canyon) and finally our new home in Newhall, CA. We pray and expect that it will be a wonderful time together in this great transition period of our lives. Please pray along with us that God would be honored in all we do, say, think, and feel on this trip out there, that it would be a joy-filled, God-honoring time for Janna and me.

After this post it may take some time before I have internet access again, so Friday and Monday's posts are a bit lighter than usual. Hope you enjoy them.

In the meantime, if you're looking to be benefited by some Christian blogging, I'd encourage you, if you haven't, to read some past posts here at For Our Benefit that you haven't read yet.

And if you're sick of me, take a tour through those blogs listed in the "Blogs For Our Benefit" section on this main page.

Drop a comment to let us know you're praying. I'll post an update on our trip when I can, and maybe even include some pictures.

And, while I'm not saying much else of substance, let me express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all those who read (and the few that comment on) my blog. You are a great encouragement to me, and knowing you're reading makes it a joy to be writing.

3 comments:

DJP said...

Whoa, a California boy!

Now you'll only be... 400-something miles from Sacramento. It's like we're neighbors.

Carroll said...

Hey Mike! We (Jay and me) look forward to hearing how your trip went!

Mike Riccardi said...

Dan: It's like we're neighbors.

Dan, I consider it a privilege to be called such. I'd love to get a chance to meet with you some time during these upcoming years, 400 miles notwithstanding.

And thanks for reading and commenting! I was excited and honored to see your handle and pic ID on my blog.

Carroll,

Thanks for commenting! The trip is going well. The car is holding up wonderfully, which is amazing! We spent time in Chicago with a family who works at Moody Bible Institute. Our stops included the Sears Tower, Wrigley Field, and those via the famed El Train. Then, we stayed in Plattsmouth Nebraska at Janna's uncle's house. That was a great time. It's great to have true fellowship in Christ with believers all across the country, some of whom you know and others whom you don't know. It's a wonderful testimony to the Father of this wonderful family.

We'll be sure to keep in touch and tell you guys about the rest of the trip. Please be praying!