Friday, September 18, 2009

Home for a Wedding

So today we're back in New Jersey! We've taken a short trip home for Janna's brother's wedding! It seems so formal to say it that way -- "my brother-in-law's wedding" -- because really it's just two of our best friends getting married.

So in the absence of a normal Friday post, and with the theme of marriage dominating my imagination right now, the best I can think of is to link to a past post I did about marriage and it's relationship to the Gospel. It's called Marriage: An Exposition of Covenant-Keeping Grace. I pray that it's a benefit to you. It's great to be reminded of the wonderful picture of grace and salvation that God has given to us in His institution of marriage. It's something we take for granted a lot of the time. But if we didn't, our marriages -- and our worlds -- would be transformed.

It's great to rejoice with those who rejoice. I'm looking forward to witnessing another miracle on Saturday, when God makes two of His children into one. And how it makes me look forward with gladness to that great day when the Bridegroom shall have His Bride.

And a voice came from the throne, saying, "Give praise to our God, all you His bond-servants, you who fear Him, the small and the great." Then I heard something like the voice of a great multitude and like the sound of many waters and like the sound of mighty peals of thunder, saying, "Hallelujah! For the Lord our God, the Almighty, reigns. Let us rejoice and be glad and give the glory to Him, for the marriage of the Lamb has come and His bride has made herself ready." It was given to her to clothe herself in fine linen, bright and clean; for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints. Then he said to me, "Write, 'Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb '" And he said to me, "These are true words of God." - Revelation 19:5-9 -

No comments: