Friday, January 8, 2010

Drop a Line

So two or three days after New Year's, my computer decided that it doesn't want to cooperate with me anymore. It's a long story. I've been scrambling trying to figure out how to save my data and salvage my computer.

Between not really having a functioning computer of my own, and getting transitioned back to California after a three-week trip, and preparing for the upcoming semester, I trust you'll understand if in the next week or so I don't keep up my Monday, Wednesday, Friday schedule.

One thing I'll recommend is that you look through some past posts. The ones I recommend most highly are under the heading "Past Posts For Our Benefit" on the banner at the right of the screen. Others are just as good though, ;o).

Also, and perhaps more importantly, I want to -- first -- thank all of you who read my blog. I am encouraged to know that you all are reading and, I trust, benefiting from God's Word as it's presented; and -- second -- encourage you all to, while I can't write much, drop a comment and let me know who you are and that you're reading. I'd appreciate knowing who you guys are, where you're coming in from, and what kinds of situations of faith and ministry you find yourselves in.

So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed,
not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence,
work out your salvation with fear and trembling;
for it is God who is at work in you,
both to will and to work for His good pleasure.

- Philippians 2:12-13 -

1 comment:

threegirldad said...

If there seems to be a problem with the hard drive, do not under any circumstances give up on it before trying this utility. If you buy a license, and the program fails to recover your drive and data, the developer will refund your money, no questions asked. If you need some help diagnosing whatever is going on, I'll be more than happy to help as much as I can.

Oh -- and I'm just a lurker who knows you mainly from comments at Pyromaniacs and DJP's blog.